Oct 1, 2010
Did you know that 80% of the Hoodia products are fake? All 8 out of 10 are literal fakes. Unfortunately this is just the percentage of those that were willingly sent to Alkemist Pharmaceuticals to be tested.
There are likely hundreds more that are also fake, but just haven’t been tested. So why are there so many fake Hoodia products? Isn’t Hoodia listed on the ingredient list? While this is true in most cases, there is more to consider than simply reading the ingredient list.
* The first thing to consider is which Hoodia plant has been used to make the product. If the product doesn’t identify what type of Hoodia plant is used then it is likely a supplement containing the wrong type of Hoodia. There are 13 different Hoodia plants, but the active ingredient that causes appetite suppression is molecule P57 and it is only found in Hoodia Gordonii plant.
* Second, you want to consider what part of the plant is used to make the supplement. In order to understand this you first want to consider how Hoodia Gordonii works. When you consider the plant, only the aerial stem or core of the plant contains the active P57 ingredient. The rest of the plant including the leaves, flowers and roots offer nothing when it comes to weight loss results. Even if a company claims they offers 100% pure Hoodia Gordonii, they may be using the whole plant to make the supplement. This means you are only getting about 60% of the active ingredient of the plant.
* The third issue to consider is any other ingredients used in the supplement. This can be a complicated factor to consider. This is because companies can claim they offer 100% Hoodia Gordonii on the label, but still they don’t have to give a pure supplement. Hoodia Gordonii plant is an endangered species so exportation and harvesting is limited. As a result, most companies choose to incorporate other ingredients like caffeine in order to reduce cost and supplies.
The issue with this is that they are reducing your chance of getting real weight loss results by decreasing the effectiveness of the pill. According to the law they aren’t really doing anything wrong by claiming their product has pure Hoodia Gordonii.
This means you need to check the ingredient list carefully before purchasing a product. You should only see the core of the Hoodia Gordonii plant on the ingredient list along with those used to make the capsule such as gelatin. If there is anything else on the list then you aren’t getting 100% pure Hoodia Gordonii.
* The last thing to consider is if the product is an extract. Any company that is offering you a genuine product won’t have an extract. This is because an extract means you are only getting about 60% of the plant core. The rest of the formula is made up of fillers. Caffeine or other inactive fillers will do nothing to help suppress your appetite.
With these 4 areas it is clear why so many Hoodia products fail to be proven genuine. They have done so much in order to reduce costs. However, many of these manufacturers get away with it because they still contain small quantities of the true plant. This allows the company to lie and still charge you a high amount.
So how can you still get genuine Hoodia products?
The key is to keep the above four points in mind when purchasing Hoodia products. Make sure you thoroughly check the product and all of their ingredients before you make the investment. By doing this you can be sure you are getting a genuine product.
One of the top recommended products is Unique Hoodia. This product has been clinically tested and is backed by Alkemist Pharmaceuticals to provide the following benefits:
- 100% pure and unaltered Hoodia Gordonii
- 2,000 calories reduction per day
- 10,000 time more appetite suppressing abilities than glucose
- More self esteem and energy